June 2023: Welcome to the alpha release of TYPE III AUDIO.
Expect very rough edges and very broken stuff—and daily improvements. Please share your thoughts.
251 GPT-4, Microsoft Copilot, Google Bard, OpenAI CEO Sam Altman’s Concerns about AI’s Disruptive Impact and the Latest in Organizational Applications of AI, Tom Taulli and Mahan Tavakoli | Partnering Leadership AI Conversation
Audio version of the posts shared in the LessWrong Curated newsletter.
In this episode of Partnering Leadership, Mahan Tavakoli reflects on the impact of the accelerating speed of change due to artificial intelligence hitting the inflection point of its exponential curve. To discuss the latest in AI and how the developments will impact organizations, Mahan speaks with Tom Tulley, author of Artificial Intelligence Basics, who is also an investor and advisor to AI companies. First, Mahan and Tom discuss the significance of the release of GPT-4, its uses, and the importance of GPT-4 plugins. They also talk about Microsoft Bing, Microsoft's Co-Pilot, Google's Bard, and the impact of platforms incorporating AI technology into their office tools. Next, Tom and Mahan talked about how these tools will impact knowledge work and some of the concerns regarding the potential disruptive impact of AI. Then the discussion turns to how organizations and teams can approach experimentation with AI tools to take advantage of the opportunities and stay ahead of the competition. Finally, Tom Taulli shares what leaders must consider when implementing AI technology in their organizations.
- How the rapid advancement in artificial intelligence is transforming the world
- The difference between GPT-3.5 and GPT-4 and the potential uses for GPT-4
- Microsoft Co-pilot and examples of how to use generative AI in teams and organizations
- Tom Taulli on using AI-based technologies to automate repetitive tasks and the use of chatbots in organizations
- Potential applications of AI in knowledge management
- OpenAI CEO Sam Altman's concerns about AI and the need for conversation around AI's future applications
- What generative AI doing well in various tests means for various professions
- Generative AI's impact on jobs, including coding
- AI applications in the workplace
Additional Partnering Leadership episodes on Artificial Intelligence:
Tom Taulli: AI Bootcamp for Leaders
Dan Turchin: AI & The Future of Work
Mahan Tavakoli: AI & The Augmented Future of Work
Louis Rosenberg: AI, Augmented and Virtual Reality
Emily Yu: AI Technology to Support Social Changemakers
Connect with Tom Taulli:
Connect with Mahan Tavakoli: